Translate into any language

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Maybe You'll Be Old Someday


Almost everyday, I see or hear the words:
I'm so old!
I don't want to be old!
Oh no, 30 (or 40 or 50....) that's so old!
Blah blah... such 'n such... OMG we are getting SO old!

Really? Old? Is that a bad thing because I'm praying for my next birthday and the next.... I don't know if I'll see 40 but I'm sure excited about the opportunity and the same goes for 50 and 60 and 70....

I know it's just an affectation. What is "old" anyway? A number? Not a single person, on earth, has met a creature or a being that is immune to aging. There's no insurance policy, clause, or contract that will prevent the inevitable.

You are guaranteed of only one thing: one day you will die.
If you're very lucky, you will get old.


6 comments:

  1. Ahava...all our prayers...wishes...hopes....dreams!!! ...ARE THAT U OUTLIVE ALL OF US!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the true meaning of אמת emmet, truth, is אמות amut, I will die. We will all die one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Batya, that's an excellent point! Thank you - that's the truth.

      Delete
  3. Ahava Emuna, as i was hearing that song, i looked up and said, "Hashem, let me die, let Ahava Emuna have a long life, "
    If Hashem grants it, i shall be happy, may you live long... Bless you.

    someone...you know not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember Ahava, next year we celebrate in Jerusalem.
    Cousin A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Refuah Shleimah
    Your post appears on  Go! לך לך! Weekly International Jewish Blog Carnival, Havel Havelim.
    Please visit the blog carnival, check out the other posts, comment and share. It would also be appreciated if you'd mention Havel Havelim on your blog.

    Thanks for blogging!

    Shavua Tov

    ReplyDelete